Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Fletcher's parting shot

  1. #21
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fletcher's parting shot

    Yep,...still had Long John's and Magic Mart, along with a grocery store in town. Now, it's just a grocery store and Family dollar...what a trade off..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #22
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fletcher's parting shot

    The magic of BSG, comical some of the stuff that goes on to say the least. I will give the town council credit though it's not nearly as big of a mess as it used to be, at least were not doing the Wise Co. School Board thing anymore where you study, study, study, and do nothing. I do wish they would do something about Carnes Gym though, it's a gym not a place to walk. The 60+ female crowd can go down to the park and walk, especially in the spring and fall. To play basketball at carnes gym you have to rent it out, to me the public gym of Big Stone Gap should be open several hours a day free to the public. I wish Big Stone had like a YMCA, long shot I know but it would be great for the young people of our town. It would give kids somewhere to go after school.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fletcher's parting shot

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish Big Stone had like a YMCA, long shot I know but it would be great for the young people of our town. It would give kids somewhere to go after school.</div></div>

    There is a resident of BSG trying to bring YMCA interest to the area (as a sister venture to existing YMCAs). So far he's not receiving a lot of encouragement, unfortunately.
    I agree that it could be a positive venture for many, to serve a demographic that Carnes and other "gyms" don't serve. (One person complained it would hurt the business of local pay-membership type gyms, but those types of businesses dont even relate to YMCA programs)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fletcher's parting shot

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol...I'm over there just on Mon-Thurs. nights. </div></div>

    Did you recently enroll at Gate City University or Nickelsville College? They bring in new students all the time.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fletcher's parting shot

    You know it...proud patron !!!!!
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •